MUMG Music is the best Web Music Entertainment News Website Forums (BB Press) Best Movies 2016 The Big Book of Exit Strategies by Jamaal May — PDF download

• Author
    Ryan
    Participant

The Big Book of Exit Strategies
    by Jamaal May

? The Big Book of Exit Strategies — READ MORE ?

• Author: Jamaal May
    • Publisher: Alice James Books
    • ISBN: 9781938584244 (1938584244)
    • Format: paperback, 100 pages
    • Genres: poetry, race, contemporary
    • Awards: Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award Nominee (2017), PEN Open Book Award Nominee for Shortlist (2017)
    • Release date: April 12, 2016
    • Language: english

About The Book

Praise for Jamaal May:

“Linguistically acrobatic [and] beautifully crafted… [Jamaal May’s] poems, exquisitely balanced by a sharp intelligence mixed with earnestness, makes his debut a marvel.” — Publishers Weekly

Following Jamaal May’s award-winning debut collection, Hum (2013), these new poems explore parallel landscapes of the poet’s interior and an insidious American condition. Using dark humor that helps illuminate the pains of maturity and loss of imagination, May uncovers language like a skilled archaeologist — digging up bones of the past to expose what lies beneath the surface of the fragile human condition.

Ask about the tornado of fists.

The blows landed. If you can

watch it all — the spit and blood frozen

against snow, you can probably tell

I am the too-narrow road winding out

of a crooked city built of laughter,

abandon, feathers and drums.

Ask only if you can watch streetlights bow,

bridges arc, and power lines sag,

and still believe what matters most

is not where I bend

but where I am growing.

Jamaal May is a poet, editor, and filmmaker from Detroit, Michigan, where he taught poetry in public schools and worked as a freelance audio engineer and touring performer. His poetry won the 2013 Indiana Review Poetry Prize and appears in journals such as Poetry, Ploughshares, the Believer, NER, and the Kenyon Review. May has earned an MFA from Warren Wilson College as well as fellowships from Cave Canem and The Stadler Center for Poetry at Bucknell University. He founded the Organic Weapon Arts Chapbook Press.

MOBI ebook The Big Book of Exit Strategies Jamaal May read online iOS. PDF The Big Book of Exit Strategies buy on Kobo. Online book The Big Book of Exit Strategies by Jamaal May download for iPad on Amazon.

Hardback The Big Book of Exit Strategies. FB2 book The Big Book of Exit Strategies read on IndieBound. EPUB ebook The Big Book of Exit Strategies by Jamaal May download on PC.

FictionBook book The Big Book of Exit Strategies on Audible. MP3 ebook The Big Book of Exit Strategies Jamaal May buy cheap for Kindle. Hardcover The Big Book of Exit Strategies by Jamaal May on Books-a-Million.

Ryan
    Participant

J2me in a Nutshell : Kim Topley : 9780596002534

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.